Saturday, September 11, 2010

Onesies with Tie Applique

I figured I should start making some fun things for this baby of mine and have been seeing these popping up all over the place. I have TONS of scrap fabric and had some little onesies sitting around. I used this tutorial: Inspiration for Crafting: Necktie Onesie Free Pattern

They're super cute, but super easy to do too! My kind of craft, especially when I only want to devote 15 or 20 minutes to a craft!


Hopefully my sewing skills will continue to improve as I make a few more. I also want to try putting a few onto bibs! We'll see.
A few tips~
I used newborn onesies and still did the 3-6 month tie. I think size-wise it still looks good.
I cut my fabric, then my wonder-under, then ironed them together rather than ironing a larger piece of fabric to the wonder under.
I used a 3 inch wide scrap of fabric, you really don't need much!
On one I zigzagged around the knot and tie twice, the other once. I think both will hold up fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment