Sunday, February 6, 2011

Magnetic recipe cards

I am constantly printing and reprinting the same recipes off my computer and I finally was tired of doing it! This was my solution-Magnetic recipes cards!!



I used Powerpoint to make my recipe cards. They're very simple, yet just enough to be decorative!

After they were printed, I cut each recipe out and glued it onto a piece of scrapbook paper slight larger than the largest recipe.

Here they are all lined up ready to go!

Next I used a dab a glue on the back and put a small magnet (from here) in each corner. I made sure that all of the magnets lined up and were in the same position.

Then each card got laminated!

After trimming off the excess they were ready to go. They will be stored on the side of my refrigerator all in a nice stack.

When I want to use a recipe it will fit perfectly on my stove:

I love that they can be wiped off when there are spills and they all stay together in one place!


Here are some links to some of my favorite recipes that I like to have on hand:


Banana-Oatmeal Bread


Soft Wrap Bread


Oatmeal Peanut Butter Cookies




The Girl CreativeToday's Creative Blog Show and Tell GreenCreations by Karalil luna link party button

8 comments:

  1. What a great idea. I'm putting this on my to-do list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea!! I just may have to do something like this for my most-used recipes! :) I saw you over at The Girl Creative! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pure genius! I've started cooking a lot more lately and this is exactly what i need!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea! I've printed the same recipe out so many times too...yours is a much better idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. AMAZING idea! I need to do this to my recipes. The lamination will also help the splatter that I usually get all over each :)

    I would love for you to link up any of your projects to my Ten Buck Tuesday link parties!

    And I'm a new follower :)

    www.youngnester.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this idea! Thanks for sharing!
    I'm vising from alove2create.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this easy idea! And the fact that you laminated & put on your stove is pure genius. I probably would've only stuck it on my refrigerator and would have had to still walk back and forth! Great idea! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just wanted to let you know that I featured you here: http://adiamondinthestuff.blogspot.com/2011/02/time-to-shine-features-5.html Thanks so much for linking up to Time to Shine!!!!

    ReplyDelete