Sunday, September 12, 2010

Christmas Ornament Wreath

Ok, I know it's just beginning of November, but if you want to have your decorations up the entire Christmas season you have to have them done early! I saw the idea for making an ornament wreath on Nannygoat and knew I wanted to make one. I hadn't read the tutorial, but saw the picture and figured I could figure it out. It turns out I did it differently then the tutorial she posted (they used a wire hanger). So today I headed over to my local Dollartree and purchased one foam wreath and $7 in plastic Christmas ornaments. I already had glue sticks and some Christmas ribbon.

First I removed the little plastic tops from the ornaments.

Then I started gluing ornaments around the center and then around the outside. Then fill in the spaces.

In all it took me about 30 minutes, 4 mini glue sticks and $8 ($7 in ornaments and $1 for the wreath!).

They have some pretty silver, blue and purple ornaments there, I might have to make another one! I got a mix of 3 small (5 to a package) and 4 large (12 to a pack with 5 left over) ornaments. I also got a foam cone to see If I could make an ornament tree!!

So break out your Christmas crafts and get cracking so you can enjoy them the entire month of December!!


No comments:

Post a Comment