Monday, September 6, 2010

Diaper & Wipes Case/Cover

With all of my sewing project I always end up with scraps. My sister passed on a link to a tutorial that i thought would be a great use for some of my scraps. Over at Make It and Love It there is a tutorial for a diaper & wipes case/cover. I gave it a shot, and here are my results.

Here is the first diaper case I made (I followed the given size and decided it was HUGE for a newborn. Mo's big diapers have tons of room).


So, I decided to make another smaller version that fits a newborn size diaper (and a size 1) just right. I also matched the wipes case to this cover:

Instead of Velcro I opted for snaps.

While I was checking out other links on this site I came across a Toddler Bag handle and gave it a try too. I didn't use any fusible web, I just tucked a piece of felt in the handle end. Hopefully this will help Mo stay with me when I can't hold his hand.


Lastly, I had a few strips of coordinating fabric and decided to put together another simple blanket for the little guy. While in Phoenix I had picked up the coordinating backing fabric.


I still have tons of scraps. I could make a few dozen more toddler bag handles and diapers and wipes covers but I'll probably stop where I'm at!

No comments:

Post a Comment