Friday, September 10, 2010

Marble Magnets



The first time I made marble magnets was at least 2 years ago. The entire concept of personalizing magnets with your own pictures and paper was a great idea to me. We even did it at a Super Saturday for HFPE. Over the last 2 years I've randomly made more and then it dwindled away. Then last week I decided to make them again after reading in a few different places that you can use diamond glaze to adhere the paper to the marble! Yet another use for a great product. Now this doesn't diminish my love for modge podge it still can't be beat for many, many applications!

So, go out to your Dollartree and buy yourself some glass marble accents. The dollartree is seriously the best place to find them. They might to be perfectly clear or round, but a $1 for about 25-you can't beat a price like that!

Print some pictures or grab your favorite scrapbook paper and cut out to the size you need (they're ususally 1 1/8 inches or so)

Put a small amount (smaller than a dime) of diamond glaze on the back of the marble.

Place your picture on and press evenly until the diamond glaze has evenly coated the picture and marble.

Let it dry and glue on a magnet. I prefer usuing E6000 to glue my magnets on and I buy my rare earth magnets here: (http://www.dealextreme.com/products.dx/category.1105) they have free shipping, but it does take a couple of weeks to get to you.

I think they are much clearer and easier to make than with the Modge Podge. It's a fun way to have seasonal magnets or family pictures that have a purpose. It's also an easy homemade gift!

I also wanted to add a picture of the finish Baby's ABC book we made at the baby shower a couple of weeks ago. After all of the letters were finished, I laminated the pages and had it bound at Staples:












I also finished up our family birthday calendar. Now I need to get them all mailed out!


I hope everyone has a great Veteran's Day and weekend! We're headed on a little family trip for a baptism-Go Bridget!! I'm super excited to see family, get family pictures taken, go the temple, go to the zoo, do some shopping and play some games!!


No comments:

Post a Comment