Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Crockpot Applesauce


A good friend happened to have an excess of apples and I was happy to take some off her hands. I knew I wanted to make applesauce with them.

Here's what I needed:

Crockpot Applesauce:

  • 12 apples peels, cored and in chunks (I can't remember what kind of apples they were!! But they were sweet and crisp reminding me of a honeycrisp)

  • 1/2 C water

  • 1 TBSP lemon juice

  • 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon

  • 3/4 C brown sugar


Put your apple chunks in your crock and pour everything else on top. Cook on low for 5-6 hours. They are down when you can break up the apples with a wooden spoon. I prefer a chunky applesauce and used a potato smasher to smash the apples once they were done. Store in the refrigerator. Make approximately 4 cups.

2 comments:

  1. I have a question about the vinyl designs you have done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ask away or email me at vinylchitchat@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete