Sunday, September 12, 2010

Jar Jack-o-Lanterns



When do you put your fall decorations out? I'm in the midst of doing some fall crafts and am about ready to start bringing them out. I found a fun new jack o lantern craft that I just had to try here's where I found it: Not so idle hands



I changed up the tutorial a little bit for myself.

  • First find some old, clean jars (spaghetti, baby food), whatever you have on hand.

  • Then cut 1 inch strips of orange tissue paper

  • Coat 1/2 of the inside of your jar with modge podge

  • carefully place your strips in the jar and smooth up the sides (it's a little messy!)

  • Be sure your strips don't cover the top lip of the jar.

  • Then cut some a little green tissue paper and coat the upper rim on the jar and apply the green tissue paper

  • Let it dry!

  • Apply vinyl jack-o-lantern faces to the fronts of you jars

  • I used battery operated tea lights found at the Dollartree to light my jars.




Here's another set of instructions if you want to make a set of your own: http://www.instructables.com/id/Recycled_Jar_Jack_OLanterns/
Here are a few other fall/Halloween things:



1 comment:

  1. You are so awesome!!! I've become obsessed with your website and I spend most of my work hours reading all your posts. And I made a blog account JUST to post comments. I wish I'd found
    you sooner, and I wish you updated as much as you used to!
    You must be super busy now though because
    you're so famous!!

    ReplyDelete