Friday, September 24, 2010

Fall Frames

I've seen similar projects floating around blogland and decided to try my hand at my own. Here's what you need to make this project:




  • 4 mismatching frames (mine were a mix of 3x5, 4x6 and 5x7 frames from the Dollartree)

  • Spray paint (I used black)

  • Die Cut letters (I used black vinyl)

  • Scrapbook paper

  • Any wanted embellishments


I started out by removing the backs and glass from all of the frames, getting them ready to be spray painted:




Then they got a couple of coats of black spray paint:



Next I picked my scrapbook papers and cut them to size. I used scraps that I had in Fall colors. I also cut my letters to spell "FALL"



After applying the letters I added some ribbon and buttons to jazz up the frames:



And the final product on my piano.



For now I have fall leaves as well as my "Jar Jack-o-Lanterns"

I could see making this same project spelling a variety of words like Winter and Spring. I think Love or Lucky would be cute too!




giveaways


idea room

1 comment: