Sunday, September 12, 2010

Seasonal Blocks

So when I saw these blocks at Brown Paper Packages, I knew I wanted to make them~
With a set of 7 blocks you can make 16 different word combinations for different holidays, seasons, or whatever you feel like!
Here's the list of words the blocks can make, there may even be more:
Harvest, Welcome, Friends, Faith, Family, Spooky, Winter, Freedom, Blessed, Snow, Home, Hope, Monster, Mother, Dream, Easter.

I decided to take it one more step and add a block that had 6 different images on it~
Holly berries, pumpkin, star (with stars and stripes), Easter egg, tree & a flower. That way you can flip it to match whatever word you have showing.

So what you really need is 8- 4x4 blocks, sanded and painted. The following vinyl letters (you could also stencil them onto the blocks): BLOCK 1- H, Y, E, D; BLOCK 2- A, C, R, S; BLOCK 3- R, P, E, T; BLOCK 4- V, N, L, O; BLOCK 5- E, O, M, D ; BLOCK 6- S, M, K, I; BLOCK 7- T, F, B, W and the 6 vinyl images.

I just sat and watch Grey's Anatomy while I applied all of my vinyl! I'm pretty happy with how they turned out.

Here's where I have it up right now:

Now I have to decide if I want to make more of these or the "be" blocks as some of my Christmas gifts. The "be" blocks will be easier to mail...which would you rather get?




No comments:

Post a Comment