Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Ribbon Wreath~FALL

I am so ready for Fall to be here and HOT temperature to be out the door!! Fall decorations are going to start going up around here and I'm starting with a wreath! I was inspired by a wreath I saw over at Tatertots and Jello, but changed it up a bit for myself!

Here's what you need to get yourself started:




  • 12" foam wreath (check out your local Dollartree)

  • 3 yards of a wide ribbon

  • loads of ribbon (I went with a Fall theme~orange, yellow, red, green) cut into 4" peices

  • straight pins

  • any embellishments you want to add


First I wrapped my foam wreath with my wide ribbon. I used 2 straight pins to hold it in place and then wrapped it all the way around, finishing with 2 more straight pins:


Then I made a loop with one piece of ribbon and put a straight pin through it.


Then I added anywhere from 2 to 4 more ribbons and pinned them onto the wreath:

Continue to add bunches of ribbons, mixing your colors and adjusting your loops to cover the front of the wreath:

Take a longer piece of ribbon (about 12" inches) and pin into place as a hanger:

Finish adding your ribbons and then add some embellishments. I found some plastic acorns at the Dollartree:

I randomly glued them throughout my wreath:

Hang on your door and enjoy!

I love how it turned out and look forward to getting the rest of my Fall decor out!
I plan on trying out another type of ribbon wreath in a Halloween or Christmas theme, check it out at The Long Thread!


I'm linking up here over atShow and Tell Green


Creations by Kara giveaways

26 comments:

  1. LOVE this idea! I think I have to try this...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your wreath! What a great idea to loop the ribbon! The colors you used are great too! Very Cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this wreath!! :)

    I'm seriosly considering making one myself. I got some cute Halloween ribbon for .10 at a yard sale the other day (don't you love steals like that!) and have an extra wreath I had planned to use but never did, so now it's just laying around!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how it turned out! It's so cute! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG! Super Easy! Going to have to make this one!
    You should come link this up at my Making It With Allie Party!
    AllieMakes.Blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so beautiful. Love the colours.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your wreath is so fun! I'm so glad you shared how you made it, I think I'll be making myself one. Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh my goodness, i love all those colors you used and that polka dotted ribbon. it looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  9. May I have your permission to copy your instructions and pictures for distribution at our Relief Society Craft night? Your cute wreath is one of the things we are going to be making.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Betsy, I just sent you an email, but your are more than welcome to use the pictures from the post, thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your ribbon wreath! The colors are perfect! I wonder if you'd like to be featured on my blog www.momomma.com ? If so, send me an email with the HTML from this post and/or anything else you'd like to say to introduce your blog! I'd love to feature you! email me at msmomomma at aol dot com - Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  12. [...] 3 4 / 5 / 6 7 / 8 / 9 10 / 11 / 12 13 / 14 / 15 16 / 17 / 18 19 / 20 / 21 22 / 23 / 24 25 / 26 / 27 28 / 29 / 30 31 / 32 / 33 34 / 35 / [...]

    ReplyDelete
  13. [...] 3 4 / 5 / 6 7 / 8 / 9 10 / 11 / 12 13 / 14 / 15 16 / 17 / 18 19 / 20 / 21 22 / 23 / 24 25 / 26 / 27 28 / 29 / 30 31 / 32 / 33 34 / 35 / 36 Share this:TwitterFacebookStumbleUponLike this:LikeBe the first [...]

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the wreath! How did you make the hanger to hang it with?

    ReplyDelete
  15. I used a long piece of ribbon and a couple of straight pins and pinned them into the backside of the wreath. I hope that helps!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I missed reading that part. I see how to do it now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I would love to do the ribbon wreath. Are you sure all it took was 3 yards of ribbon? I've seen other blogs that say it took much more.
    What was the total cost to make the wreath?

    ReplyDelete
  18. Maybe my wreath is smaller (about a 9 or 10 inch diameter), I also did not cover the back. Each ribbon piece was 3 to 4 inches long.

    ReplyDelete
  19. So total, how many yards of ribbon did it take to make it without a back at 3-4 inches long per piece?

    ReplyDelete
  20. [...] 1 | Wreath 2| Wreath 3| Wreath 4| Wreath 5 | Wreath 6 | Wreath 7| Wreath 8| Wreath [...]

    ReplyDelete
  21. [...] (Click on the words below each picture to see the tutorial)  Fall Wreath with Felt Rosettes  Fall Ribbon Wreath Fall Burlap Wreath with Flowers  Burlap Bubble Wreath Tutorial Ruffle Wreath Felt [...]

    ReplyDelete
  22. […] Fall is coming, and as I browse Pinterest I am getting more and more excited about decorating my small apartment for the season and its holidays.  I thought I’d start by trying my hand at making a ribbon wreath.  Since I didn’t actually look for a tutorial, I completely made up my design, and although I’m happy with how my wreath turned out, I don’t recommend you follow my method.  Instead, I recommend this step-by-step tutorial. […]

    ReplyDelete