Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Homemade Pizza Lunchable

My kids love taking luchables to school for lunch. So, usually once a week or so I let them. Their favorite is the pizza lunchable. On Pinterest recently I saw an idea to make your own and decided to give it a try!!


For the pizza crust I made a homemade whole wheat pizza dough:


Whole Wheat Pizza Crust:

  • 1 teaspoon white sugar

  • 1 1/2 cups warm water (110 degrees F/45 degrees C)

  • 1 tablespoon active dry yeast

  • 1 tablespoon olive oil

  • 1 teaspoon salt

  • 2 cups whole wheat flour

  • 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour


Then I portioned them out into small crusts and baked at 425 degrees for about 18 minutes. I had doubled the recipe since my family was having pizza for dinner. A doubled recipe made 1 large pizza, 1 large batch of bread-sticks and 10 mini crusts.

Once they were room temperature I bagged them all up with 1 crust, a small bag of cheese & pepperoni and a small bag of sauce. Then stored them in the fridge until we packed up lunches.


A perfect healthier option to a pizza lunchable!!


Lil\'LunaCreations by Kara Somewhat Simple The Girl CreativeSkip To My Lou

7 comments:

  1. What do you think each of your packets cost?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good question! I'll have to do some pricing out and let you know.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These would be great to have on hand at home when the evening is busy and kids are coming and going at different times. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Katie Anne wants pizza for lunch every day! I'm going to make the crusts today and keep some in the freezer!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a great idea! I'm always looking for ways to make lunch time more creative.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, we are LDS also, and stumbled upon this blog. You have some great ideas!! We are just starting our link parties and would love to have you share as many of your ideas as you would like. Our 2nd party will begin tomorrow (Thursday) 1/31/13 going through Tuesday. They will be weekly. We hope you will join us! have a great day! And thank you for the tips!
    Joye & Myrna
    thebusybhive.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks like fun for the kiddos, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete