Monday, May 2, 2011

Wheat Rolls

The content of this post was executed by my husband.


He did the mixing, baking and most of the eating :)! I've made these a few times always with success. The recipe come from a friend, Marie.


Mine's the 50/50. I call this the PHD recipe. Push here Dummy! Put everything in and mix! I can help you if you would like. let me know.


3 c. Whole ...wheat flour
1 cup White Flour
½ cup Packed Brown Sugar
2 T. Granulated Sugar
1 T. Salt
4.5 Tsp Yeast
1 1 /2 cup Water
¾ c Milk
¼ c Shortening
2 to 2 ½ Cup Flour
Mix together dry ingredients. Mix milk, water and Shortening in measuring cup and warm in microwave for 2 minutes or until just warm not hot. Mix into dry mixture and gradually add white flour until it has a nice texture. Let rise twice. This will make rolls or 2 loaves of bread.
Bake at 350 for 30-35 for loaves or 25 minutes for rolls




No comments:

Post a Comment