Sunday, May 29, 2011

Recipe: Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Waffle Cookies

I came across these while browsing Pinterest (which I love btw, here are my boards if you are interested). I didn't own a waffle iron and headed over to Walmart and bought one just for this recipe. It was relatively cheap, less the $10 and I am glad that I got it. These cookies were quick, tasty and different. They tasted like a cookie yet cooked up fast. Start to finish with mixing up and cooking time was about 20 minutes.

I mixed up the dough/batter in a bowl rather than my Kitchenaid. It's not a large batch and is very quick to put together.



I found the original recipe here on Fine Cooking.  I made some minor changes and was happy with the result.


Oatmeal chocolate chip waffle cookies:


1/2 cup (1 stick) margarine, melted
1/2 cup plus 2 Tbs. firmly packed light brown sugar
2 large eggs
1 tsp. vanilla extract
3/4 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. salt
1-1/2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats (I used quick oats)
3/4 cup chocolate chips (today I happened to have Ghiradelli 60% cacao bittersweet chips)
Nonstick cooking spray


Preheat waffle iron and lightly spray with nonstick cooking spray. I only sprayed the first time an didn't have any problems with sticking. Place 1 scoop per waffle of batter (I used a small ice cream scoop) and close iron.



Cook for about 30-45 seconds (the original recipe said 1 1/2-3, my cookies would have been dried out or burned if cooked that long).



Carefully use a fork to lift out.



Serve warm with ice cream or store in an air tight container.


Out of the entire batch only one cookie didn't make it. I think it's batter to chocolate chip ratio was a little too high and it fell apart. I think these would also be excellent with blueberries. I am now very interested in trying other things in the waffle iron. I might have to let some of my bananas go bad so I can try some sort of banana bread in there!


 


The Girl Creative Photobucket"/>Todays Creative Blog lil luna link party button Somewhat Simple

3 comments:

  1. These look delish! Thanks for participating in the Summer Fun Fest!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you get a chance, please stop by!

    http://bcheniful.blogspot.com/

    http://www.facebook.com/pages/BCheniful/172756599415025

    Thanks!
    Brandi at B.Cheniful

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just wanted to let you know that I featured your cookies today: http://adiamondinthestuff.blogspot.com/2011/06/time-to-shine-features-no-20.html

    ReplyDelete