Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Recipe Review: Banana Cupcakes with Chocolate & Peanut Butter Cream Cheese Frosting


This week is Teacher Appreciation.  I was asked to bring in some cupcakes and I found this recipe over at "How Sweet it is" and had to try them!

All in all they're pretty darn good. The recipe was easy to follow. I didn't have buttermilk so I made some with milk and vinegar. The only issue I had was with the frosting. I made a batch of the peanut butter cream cheese frosting and could have frosted 3 or 4 batches of cupcakes! I also wanted to do the chocolate, so I improvised.  After frosting with the peanut butter frosting I added 2 TBSP of cocoa powder to the frosting and finished with that. Yum!


Here are some of the other cupcakes that ladies brought in!





No comments:

Post a Comment