Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Chicken Wire Photo Frame


When I saw U-Create's may "Create with me"  challenge I knew I needed to join in. I had a spot that needed something! I headed over to Home Depot to check out some wood. I knew I wouldn't be able to find a frame large enough for the space I wanted to fill. Here's what I used:




  • 3 picket fence posts ($.68 a piece at my local Home Depot)

  • 4 flat "L" brackets

  • Spray Paint

  • Chicken Wire (something to cut it with too!)

  • Staple gun



At Home Depot I had them cot the pointy tip off each post and then cut one post in 1/2. This gave me all 4 sides for the frame.


After lightly sanding I screwed the brackets into each of the four corners


Then spray paint! I used a light coat of brown to "darken" the wood then a stone color to give a white wash effect.

I also sprayed the chicken wire brown


Then I stapled the chicken wire into the back


Hung it on the wall

Grabbed some clothes pins and we're good to go!

I might jazz up the clothes pins later, but for about an hour of effort I'm happy with the result!


lil luna link party buttonSomewhat Simple



 

3 comments:

  1. i love this! I think it will be fun to hang one on the wall in the backyard above the garden with little garden notes/seed packages on it!
    Will you come link it up at my party tomorrow? www.smallfineprint.com (and any other creations you have!!!!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wondered what had happened on your front lawn. I should've known you were just being crafty!

    ReplyDelete