Sunday, April 24, 2011

"Mock" tie

I've had this post over at Sugar Bee Crafts bookmarked for a while knowing that I might need this idea sometime! Well, after we got my daughter her Easter dress I knew I needed to make my 3 boys something to match~here's what I came up with!


For the ties here's what you need:




  • fabric (I chose to have a felt back, cotton middle and tulle on top)

  • sewing machine

  • scissors

  • elastic


I started by stacking my 3 fabrics in the order that I wanted the final product in:

Then I drew out the ties. I used another tie and just eyeballed these, making a separate knot and tie:

Then over to the sewing machine:

Zig zap stitch around both peices:

Then trim as close to the stitching as possible:

Next zig zag stitch the knot to the tie:


The last step is sewing on some elastic, measure the neck so it will be snug, but not tight:


I decided to take one more step add some dots to the ties (since their sisters dress had polka dots). For this step I took a random piece of fabric and sewed a circle, then trimmed as close to the stitching as possible:


Super simple way to let your boys have a special tie (and in this case match their sister!):


 


The Girl CreativeToday's Creative Blog

lil luna link party button


3 comments:

  1. ADORABLE! Almost as cute as tose 4 lil munchkins!
    I would LOVE to have you link up to my Whassup Wednesday Par-Tay! And I have a party button you can grab and put on your blog so your friends can come too:)



    If you are NOT already a Follower of Elements Interiors....HELLEEERRRR!

    Click that Google Follow button and YOU will be ENTERED in my

    "Its a SURPRISE!" GIVEAWAY to be announced EVERY MONDAY! Yeppers! You read it right,

    a Winner EVERY MONDAY!!! With GREAT Goodies you wont want to miss!!




    Hope to see ya at Whassup Wednesday!!!

    *ENTER LINKY PAR-TAY Here! *

    xoxokara

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for linking up to my blog party - your blog and kids are really cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for stopping by and linking up to my party! You have a lot of cute ideas!

    ReplyDelete