Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Recipe: Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars

My daughter and I decided to try a new dessert on Sunday. Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars from Tastes of Wonderful. They were pretty wonderful, very rich and chocolaty. I would have liked a little more peanut butter and less chocolate though. All in all a fun change from our standard chocolate chip cookies we make each Sunday afternoon.


I did omit one ingredient, vanilla. This wasn't on purpose, just an oversight and it was fine without it. On the chocolate I used 60% cacao bittersweet chocolate chips. On the peanut butter I used chunky, I'm just a chunky PB kind of person. Enjoy!


Peanut Butter Chocolate Bars




by Greta White

Combine:

1 pkg. plain yellow cake mix

1 stick melted butter

1 c. creamy peanut butter

2 eggs

Press this into a 9X13 pan reserving 1 1/2 c. of the mixture to crumble on top.

Melt:

1 (12 oz) pkg. chocolate chips

1 can sweetened condensed milk

2 T. butter

Melt on low heat in a small pot. Remove from heat and add:

2 tsp. vanilla

Spread chocolate mixture over the mixture pressed in the pan and then crumble the 1 1/2 of reserved cake mixture on top. Bake for 20-25 minutes at 325 degrees. Cool completely before cutting into bars.




No comments:

Post a Comment