Monday, June 6, 2011

Summer Daily Schedule

Summer is almost upon us! Our last day of school is Thursday. We have loads of trips and activities already planned, but the day to day that we're home I wanted something fun for the kids to look forward to. I came across this idea on Pinterest and was taken to one of my favorite blogs: Somewhat Simple. The idea was originally posted back in June of 2010 when she was featuring some summer boredom ideas. I wanted to rework it  a little bit. I think it's perfect for my kids!

Each weekday there is a different theme that allows you & your kids to plan the week ahead. My kids like to know what's coming. I wanted to be able to write it down for them (and me!) to see what we had planned. So I made it into vinyl and added the words off to the right.



I put it on the top of my fridge and now I can simply use a dry erase marker and write down our weeks activities!


When the summer is done I will take down the words (make something Monday, etc) and use it as my meal calender!


For those interested in a paper copy I have a down-loadable version as well.  This is my first time doing this, so be kind. It would be simple to print and write in each week, or laminate and reuse!


Summer Daily Schedule

I'm linking up here:
Todays Creative Blog

 

3 comments:

  1. Cute! I was thinking about doing something like that for/with my kids, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! I love the idea of putting it in vinyl on your fridge. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stopping by from Sugar Bee Crafts. That is so cool! I thought I was the only one to put vinyl on the fridge. I never tried the dry erase marker before..that's so cool.:) Would love to have you link it up to my {wow me} wednesday link party going on right now on my blog. :) Oh...and I'm LDS, too...love to find fellow member crafters. :)

    Ginger
    gingersnapcrafts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete