Thursday, September 13, 2012

Scrapped Wood Tree Puzzle


I love puzzles and have really enjoyed using my scroll saw to create puzzles. I thought a tree would be a fun addition to my "Family" sign sitting on my piano. I began with a piece of 1x8 and just sketched out the puzzle directly on the wood. Here it is cut out and sanded:

After cutting it out and sanding the edges I chose scrapbook paper that  coordinated

The using spray adhesive I sprayed the backs of the paper and adhered the paper and let dry.

Then lots of sanding

and sanding

another piece down!

And the finished product!

I love it with my Family letters! (Done the same way, with spray adhesive and sanding the edges)


I just used cheap dollartree sandpaper 150 grit torn into small pieces to sand down the edges. Once the edge is sanded you sometime have to tear away some of the paper. You can also use modge podge rather than spray adhesive, but I tend to have problems with bubbling when I use modge podge.


Enjoy!


Photobucket The Girl Creative Today's Creative Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment