Monday, September 10, 2012

Whole Wheat Banana Oatmeal Pancakes


My kids love having breakfast for dinner and while I don't mind, I like to have something a little more exciting than Krustez Pancake mix. In my searching I came across Cookie and Kate, which is a healthy, gluten-free blog and a recipe for Gluten-Free Banana Pancakes . While we wanted something healthy we didn't necessarily need gluten-free. I made some changes that made them work better for our family.


Whole Wheat Banana Oatmeal Pancakes




  • 6 small bananas mashed

  • 4 tablespoons butter, melted

  • 2 tablespoon lemon juice

  • 2 teaspoon honey

  • 4 eggs

  • 1 cup Wheat Flour

  • 1 cup White Flour

  • 1/2 cup Oatmeal

  • 1 teaspoon baking soda

  • 1 teaspoon salt

  • 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon

  • 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg


Mix your mashed banana, melted butter, eggs, lemon juice and honey in a small bowl.  In a large bowl mix all dry ingredients. Add wet ingredients and mix until just incorporated.  Let batter sit for 10 to 15 minutes. Cook on a oiled griddle for 2-3 minutes on first side and 1-2 minutes on second side. This makes 12-15 healthy sized pancakes.

These are a very hardy pancake. We served them with butter, syrup, whipped cream and homemade jam.


Today's Creative Blog So I Married A Craft Blogger A Diamond in the Stuff

1 comment:

  1. These look delicious! Thanks for sharing. I love finding yummy whole wheat recipes.

    ReplyDelete