Friday, December 9, 2011

Christmas: Tree Skirt

After I made my stockings I knew I needed to make a matching tree skirt! Unfortunately I didn't have quite enough of the same fabric so I found some other fabric that coordinated that I fell in love with! To make the tree skirt I used a pattern found on Cloud 9 Fabrics. Rather than making the wedges 2 different fabrics, I chose to piece the pattern together and use a single fabric per wedge


Here are the fabrics I started with:

And here's what the pattern looks like printed out and pieced together:

Then I went to work cutting and sewing, ending up with this:

For a backing I used a cream flannel.
For putting it together, I put right sides together and sewed around leaving a few inches open. Then I flipped it right side out and ironed out the seams. Then I pinned some ball fringe around the back  and top stitched around the entire thing.

I love how it turned out! Now if my kitties would just stop destroying my tree!

No comments:

Post a Comment