Friday, December 2, 2011

Christmas: Small Wooden Nativity Puzzle


I feel like I have been living and breathing cutting, sanding and painting the last few days. I really should have started all of this earlier!


But here is a small version of a wooden Nativity puzzle. This puzzle has only 4 pieces and is about 6 inches tall and 4 inches wide. It was cut on a scroll saw out of 1/2 inch MDF (check the scrap bin at your local Home Depot, I have spent no more that $1 on the wood for about 20 nativities).

I used the same paint be Martha Stewart as I used for my stocking hangers.

Here's is an image of the basic pattern. The pattern does not have the star. I "eye-balled" each star as I cut them.


 

Enjoy!


Positively Splendid Todays Creative Blog

4 comments:

  1. I love this. I just wish I had a saw and knew how to use it well. This maybe a Hubby do project.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this idea! I tweeted and shared it on FB too. So great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the simple beauty of this! I found you from Positively Splendid's Party!

    Merry Christmas!

    Terri
    www.beyond-relevance.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so awesome! What an original gift!

    ReplyDelete