Friday, December 9, 2011

Christmas: Stained Wooden Nativity



I posted my original nativity puzzle back at the end of September. I have since done a LOT of cutting and am happy with the results. These nativities were cut with a scroll saw out of 1/2 pine purchased off the scrap bin for $.50 at Home Depot. The stain was borrowed from my cousin. All in all I'm very happy with the results! While cutting the puzzles out of MDF is easier the end result with wood makes the effort more worth it in the end.

Here they are. I had my kids put them all back together after they finished drying!




Be sure to check out where the idea came from over at La Paz Home Learning.

Positively Splendid The Girl Creative

5 comments:

  1. these are gorgeous I want one! I'd love you to add this to my link party over at http://raegunwear.blogspot.com/2011/12/link-party-what-we-wore-and-made.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look very nice -- not a small project to undertake!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is amazing! I had to show this to my husband because I want him to make me some! I have actually been to your website before and I love looking at all the things you do- you are so creative- and I was so flattered to see that you came and shared your creativeness at your link party!! :) Thanks so much for linking up to Strut Your Stuff Saturday! We hope that you will join us tomorrow!
    Camille @
    SixSistersStuff.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi there, this is so sweet. Thank you so much for sharing. I have recently found your blog and am now following you, and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris
    http://chelencarter-retiredandlovingit.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am new to your site, and I will be back to check out everything!! Love the simple beauty of these. Just love it!

    ReplyDelete