Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Christmas: Stocking Hangers


This year I made our family new Christmas stockings.  I love how they turned out (and am working on a post about them) but I didn't know how to personalize them. I don't have access to an embroidery machine and wasn't happy with other ideas I saw for personalization. That was until I saw personalized stocking holders on Pinterest!





Source: crapivemade.com via Rachel on Pinterest


I knew this was how I could personalize!

I followed the tutorial from Crap I've Made pretty closely for the assembly. I purchased a 2x4 from Home Depot and had them cut it into 6 inch blocks. I pre-drilled  through the bottoms and used 2 inch wood screws to attach the tops. Here mine are waiting for paint!

I used Martha Stewart sample paints. A few months ago I ordered a random box of samples for a couple of bucks. One of the colors was Barn, the other (the green) was not marked.

For both the redish holders and greenish holders, I added some of the opposite color to tone it down.

Once painted, I added hooks. I found the hooks at Walmart in a pack of 8 for a little over $3 and hand screwed them in.

Then I started embellishing. I used ribbon, buttons & ornaments. I attached everything using glue dot!

The for personalization I cut the first initial for each of us from black vinyl. The font is called "before the rain".




I am super happy with how they turned out and now need to finish decorating the rest of my mantel!
Somewhat Simple

No comments:

Post a Comment