Saturday, June 11, 2011

Homemade Threading Game

I love things that keep little fingers busy. I love them even more if I can make it myself! I saw this threading game on minieco a few weeks ago and fell in love with it. I didn't have have large sticks around so I improvised!

I used a scrap piece of 2x2 and cut it to about 6 inches. Then I drilled holes randomly through it. There was no rhyme or reason to the holes! After that I sanded it down. For the string, I used mason string (it was cheap and strong, a shoelace, yarn, twine, whatever you have would work fine). I threaded it through one hole and the onto a button and tied it off. Then on the other end of the string I threaded a blunt needle (plastic needles would be best, but our local Walmart happened to be out!!). Threaded it on and burned the end so the needle can't come off.



It's not perfect. A woodworker would mostly be appalled. It's simple, easy and fun for kids. That's really all that matters to me!!


Beneath the Rowan Tree



 

No comments:

Post a Comment