Saturday, June 25, 2011

Super Simple Sugar Cookie Tarts

I first saw this concept over at Joy's Hope. I loved the idea and Father's Day was a great opportunity to try it out! She called them Puffs, but for me there were a little more like a tart. I also slightly changed the recipe to fit my needs.

Sugar Cookie Tarts with Fresh Fruit


To make these you need:




  • 1 package of refrigerated sugar cookie dough. I used the tube of dough because that was available.

  • 1/2 block of cream cheese, softened

  • 1/2 Cup powdered sugar

  • 1/2 container of cool whip, not frozen


Mix thoroughly




  • fresh fruit sliced thinly or in small chunks: peaches, strawberries, blueberries, etc.


Also needed:




  • 24 mini muffin tin

  • non-stick spray (Pam)

  • mini tart shaper (it is made by pampered chef, I'm not sure what else could be used but a great friend lent me hers!)


Start by thoroughly spraying your mini muffin tin with Pam. Next unwrap your cookie dough and slice off a round about 3/4 inch wide

and cut into 4 pieces.

Place each piece in the muffin tin

Bake at 350 for about 8 minutes. This is less time than the package directs, but you need them slightly undercooked.
Pull out the cookies and they should be puffed up in the muffin tin.

As soon as you take them out use the tart shaper to push the cookie down into the muffin tin, forming your tart crust.

Let cool and then carefully remove. I needed to slide a knife around the edges to release them from the tins.

Now fill a ziploc bag with your cream cheese mixture and cut the corner off. Pipe the filling into each cup.

Place your fruit ontop and enjoy!

These were super simple and super yummy. They would be awesome for a finger foods party and were a great use of some fresh fruit I needed to use.


The Girl Creative Beneath the Rowan Tree Todays Creative Blog

7 comments:

  1. These sound like the perfect Summer dessert!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't know there was such a thing as a 'tart shaper'-I'm glad I know! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love little mini desserts! I even have a tart-shaper.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are so cute! What the heck is a tart shaper? I will have to try this when I'm done with my sugar fast :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the recipe- it was a big hit at my summer BBQ. For those of you that don't own as tart shaper, I used the top of a water bottle with the cap on and it worked perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are so good and easy to make. I added crushed pineapple to the filling and topped with a mix of chopped strawberries, blueberries, and raspberries.

    ReplyDelete
  7. […] saw these sugar cookie tarts on pinterest and finally had time to give it a try.  These little guy’s will be great for a dinner party […]

    ReplyDelete