Saturday, March 12, 2011

Mmmm, poptarts....


I was recently asked to do a product review of Nutella by Mommyparties and because of that I made my first ever homemade pop tart! I had seen the recipe on Smitten Kitchen and knew I had to try it!


You start with a pastry dough. This was really my first time venturing into pastry and it was a little tricky for me.

After the dough has chilled your roll it into a rectangle

Then an egg wash and your filling (mine was Nutella!)

Top with your other half of pastry dough (mine was not looking very pretty at this point. I need some pointers on how to do this!).

Use a pizza cutter to make your tarts and put them on the pan. Use a fork to seal the edges and poke some holes in the top.

Bake until lightly brown on the edges.


Now I would not serve these as an alternative breakfast item. They were tasty, but also contained 2 sticks of butter! The dough was flaky and yummy (due to the butter) and they got gobbled up!


You can check out the recipe over on Smitten Kitchen or on King Arthur Flour.

No comments:

Post a Comment