Wednesday, May 1, 2013

"Mock Mason Jar" Lego Storage


I've been seeing all sorts of storage and planting ideas popping up using mason jars and hose clamps. I thought they were fun but couldn't find a use for any of them in my home. What I did need was more LEGO storage! But I didn't want to use glass mason jars with LEGOs. So here's what I did, I used plastic peanut butter jars!! The large peanut butter jars are larger enough for even an adult hand to get to the bottom of!


So, here's what you need to make your own:




  • A piece of wood, cut to length, sanded and stained (or painted)

  • Plastic peanut butter jars (I used large PB jars from Costco)

  • Hose clamps (they were about $1.50 a piece)

  • Screws

  • Tools-screw driver, hammer & 1 large nail


It was fairly simple, A stained piece of wood with 3 hose clamps and 3 PB jars attached. The only tricky part for me was getting the hose clamps on. You have to hammer a hole through the back of the hole clamp to put a screw through the back to attach it to the wood. We didn't happen to have any large nails. That would have helped the process considerably, but I got the job done!. Once the 3 clamps are attached to the wood tighten around the jars and attach onto the wall! Fill them up with LEGOs and enjoy!

Above this fun storage solutions is another simple LEGO storage idea from the DollarTree. These wooden boxes were natural wood and got a quick coat of spray paint. I will admit though that they rarely have minifigs in them. My LEGO loving kid keeps his minifigs in use most of the time!!



The Girl Creative

1 comment:

  1. I love the wooden display case for the lego figures! My boys would love it, but probably not use it very often either. :)

    ReplyDelete