Friday, May 3, 2013

Ikea Hack-Bathroom & Jewelry Storage

Storage is a universal problem throughout my home and I know I'm not the only person that struggles with it. I'm constantly going through things, getting rid of things, reorganizing things, etc. But there are certain things that you still need around. And for those things you just need for find a home for them. In the bathroom It's nice if that home is not the countertop. Here is my solution and it come in at about $5.

What you need is:




  • 1 BEKVAM Spice Rack from IKEA ($3.99)

  • 1 package of mug hooks ($.97)


That's it!!!


Our bathroom is separated so the toilet shower is in one space and the sink is in a another space, neither of which is very big. The shelf space up above to hold lotions and hair stuff :


And the hooks below to hang necklaces and earrings (admittedly I do not own a lot of jewelry, but obviously there is a lot more space under here for hooks and more jewelry!). I just hand screwed each of the hooks in, the wood is soft enough to do it. If you find it difficult or want to make sure your spacing is correct, before hanging your shelf, hammer a nail partway in and pull it out wherever you would like hook. This will help you screw your hooks in.




 Six Sisters' Stuff
DIY blog Classy ClutterTDC Before and AfterToday's Creative BlogLil\'LunaThe Girl Creative

4 comments:

  1. hi there! found you via link party and enjoy your blog! wanted to follow via social network: facebook, twitter, etc...do you have any of those?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Not yet, but if I do I'll be sure to post them. I am on Pinterest and you can check out my pins n8swife!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful idea! I'll have to keep this rack in mind next time we're close to Ikea! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete