Thursday, September 15, 2011

Tablet Sleeve

This week I was totally spoiled for my birthday! My husband got me a tablet! Now my tablet needed a sleeve-protection. I pulled out some scrap fabric and got to work. I've been working on Christmas stockings for my family and decided to use the stocking pattern found here as a method to the madness! (http://tiedyedivadesigns.blogspot.com/2010/10/free-pdf-sewing-pattern-how-to-sew.html)

First I measured the tablet to see how wide and tall I needed to make it. I doubled the width, put right sides together and sewed up the side and across the bottom. I also did this with a liner fabric.

Next I turned the liner right-side out and put the outside inside.

After that I measured out another tube (it should be double the width & about 12 inches tall).  I sewed up the side, turn right-side out and fold on itself.

Then I slide it on itself and hemmed around the opening. You are sewing 2 pieces of 'cuff', the liner and the outside-all the way around.


You're almost there! Turn it right-side out. You will see the hem on the cuff, but that will go away soon.

Fold it down however far you want your cuff.

Then I added two snaps to hold it all in place!

All done! This would be super easy to adjust to whatever size item you need to slide in~Tablet, Ipad, Kindle, Nook.


Have fun sewing!!

No comments:

Post a Comment