Monday, January 24, 2011

Felt Heart Garland


Today I made a super easy and fun craft that would be perfect for a tween wanting to learn to sew. All you need is:




  • felt (I chose red, pink & white)

  • scissors

  • sewing machine


The longest part was cutting the hearts. I didn't use a pattern, I just folded the felt over a inch or two and eye-balled my hearts. Then figure out a pattern. My daughter helped me lay it out to see if I had enough hearts!

Then start sewing. Start with the top of the heart and start feeding them through. You can overlap slightly or leave a little space. I chose to put mine right next to each other using a straight stitch.

Here's the final product:

And up on my mantel.

A super simple and easy way to dress your house up for Valentine's Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment