Friday, January 14, 2011

Valentine's Day: Felt Heart Wreath


This is a felt heart wreath that I made last year and posted about on my personal blog last Valentine's Day. It's super easy and could be modified for multiple holidays.


Supplies Needed:




  • Foam wreath (I heart in this case)

  • Felt (I used red)

  • Straight Pins

  • Scissors


To start you need to cut LOTS of circles out of whatever color felt you choose. I didn't use a pattern, I just eyeballed the circles and they are able 3 inches across. After you have them cut fold the circle in half and then half again. Take a straight pin and put it through the corner. Then push it into the foam wreath. You can turn and adjust the circles as the fill in the wreath. You only need to place the circle on the "front" part of the wreath so it will lay flat wherever you decide to hang it. To hang, use a long piece of ribbon and 2 straight pins. Loop the ribbon and place the straight pins in the back. For mine I looped the ribbon around a slat on our front screen. When I want to take it down I just need to pull the 2 pins. Be sure to put them back in so they'll be ready for next year. You can check out another tutorial right here as well.


No comments:

Post a Comment