Thursday, September 19, 2013

Peanut Butter Chocolate Donut Holes

 
For my birthday last week I received a cake pop maker. Today my daughter and I tried it out and made Peanut Butter Chocolate Donut Holes! I based it on a vegan recipe I found on Meet Your Treat, but I'm not vegan so I made some changes. I believe these could easily be made in a mini muffin tin if you didn't own a cake pop maker.
Peanut Butter Chocolate Donut Holes:
  • 1 Cup white flour
  • 1/3 cup whole wheat pastry flour
  • 1/4 cup cocoa powder
  • 1/4 tsp. salt
  • 2 tsp baking powder
  • 1/4 cup butter
  • 3/4 milk
  • 1/4 cup chocolate syrup
  • 1/3 cup brown sugar
  • 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
  • 1 tsp. vanilla extract
Glaze:
  • 1 cup dark chocolate chips
  • 1 Tbsp. creamy peanut butter
In a sauce pan combine butter, milk, chocolate syrup and brown sugar. Once melted and combined remove from heat and add vanilla. In a bowl combine both flours, cocoa, salt and baking soda. Add wet ingredients, stir until combined. If using a cake pop maker: Preheat cake pop maker and spray with non-stick spray. Once preheated fill cavities until level, close and flip. Cook for approx 3 minutes. 
Remove and cool.
   
If using a mini muffin tin: Preheat oven to 350, spray mini muffin tin (or use paper cups) fill 2/3 of the way and bake for 8-10 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment