Monday, April 16, 2012

Topsy Turvy Garden Planter


Today I set out to recreate something I had pinned on Pinterest. This doens't always work in my favor, but today it did!! Woohoo!! I made my own topsy turvy garden planter!!


Here's what I used to create it:




  • Rubber garden bucket (I got it last season on clearance at Wal-mart for $3.00)

  • 5 - 6inch plastic posts also found at Wal-mart for $.97 a piece

  • 1 4 ft piece or rebar (this was around $3 at Home Depot)

  • soil

  • flowers

  • drill


My bucket didn't have holes in the bottoms for drainage so I drilled some holes in and stuck the rebar through the holes. I also put some broken bricks in the bottoms to use up some of the space so I didn't have to use quite as much soil.


The plastic pots also didn't have drainage so I drilled a whole for the rebar plus a few more for water drainage and started stacking.

Fill each pot with soil and turn them as you go for the "topsy turvy" effect!


Then fill them up with flowers, water and enjoy!!


I think it really brightens up the flower bed right by our front door, plus it has our house number on the bucket (I used black vinyl for the house number and Welcome)!

No comments:

Post a Comment