Tuesday, August 7, 2012

DIY Glitter Toes

A few weeks ago my sister sent me an email with a link to a YouTube video about doing DIY glitter nails. Last fall I had gone and had glitter toes done at a salon and loved the look, but not the price. I decided to give it a try on my 7 year olds toes (and my own) to see if it really worked.


Start with clean unpainted toes:




I used a generic brand of clear polish. Nothing fancy.



Don't be shy about pouring the glitter on, you'll be able to pour what you don't use back in your bottle.




I used a q-tip and toothpick to help get the excess glitter off.



Here they are all done but before the washing


And here are mine after 5 days:


It took a while for each coat to dry, but once it was done we washed our feet and were good to go. We're now on day 5 and my daughters toes are starting to chip, but I think she's been messing with them. My are still pretty good. We've even been swimming since doing them.


I think this is a great DIY and you could get some pretty fun toes with all of the different colors of glitter out there.


Positively Splendid

No comments:

Post a Comment