Saturday, March 10, 2012

Forget me Not centerpieces...

Here are some centerpieces I recently made for a church activity that was focused on Elder Utchdorf's talk Forget me Not.


Each of the short signs are cut from a 2x8 and are 12 inches tall. They're all double sided so that ladies could view the quote from both sides of the table. They are each embellished with ribbon and buttons. All 5 forget me not were spread through the room on the tables.



The long signs are cut from 2x6's and range from 36-40 inches long and are similarly embellished. Under "Forget Not" are all 5 of the Forget me not's.


All of the signs were were "white-washed" witha mixture of cream and brown craft paint mixed with water, painted on and then wiped off.


The Girl Creative Skip To My Lou Today's Creative Blog

5 comments:

  1. I loved them! And was so excited to take one home :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am curious what else you did at your activity etc. We will be doing an activity in august on this talk and i am looking for some ideas to go with this themed night. Any ideas or information would be wonderful! Did you have a speaker talk about the talk, did you just watch his address of the talk? Anyway, looking for some creative ideas...hope to hear from you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. To cover the topic our Stake RS presidency asked 3 sisters to do 20 minute workshops covering the first 3 forget nots. They taught the same class 3 times and all of the sisters rotated through their classes. At the end we all met back up in the Chapel and our Stake President covered the last 2 forget nots on a 30 minute talk. Then we had lunch. I hope that helps!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, I love your cute ideas! I was wondering if you used vinyl lettering on the wood and also how you made the flowers? Thank you for your ideas, I am going to use them for a mother/daughter activity!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is vinyl lettering on the wood. The flowers are strips of paper stapled on one end then stapled together. Let me know if you have any other questions.

    ReplyDelete